Saturday, June 26, 2010

Best brands of cosmetic products for brides? - wedding?

Hello there,





I am getting married and will be doing my own make-up. Unfortunately the products I use on a daily basis is not high quality. Will you kindly tell me the BEST BRAND of cosmetics for the following:





- foundation


- waterproof mascara (thickening)


- pressed powder


- shimmer powder


- bronzer


- false eyelashes





I have dark eyes/hair and olive skin tone.





Thank you!Best brands of cosmetic products for brides? - wedding?
Bare Minerals is the best thing out there! The foundation blends flawlessly and for your wedding day, I think natural is best! B.M. can give you that! And you don't have to worry about re-applying for your whole day! They also have excellent ';bronzers'; and eye colors! Bonus: its GREAT for your skin!Best brands of cosmetic products for brides? - wedding?
The makeup I used for my wedding was Clinque because I love that brand. I have been using it since I started using makeup because it doesn't cause me to break out and the eye shadow stayed in place all day, no creasing! My best friend used Mary Kay for her wedding. The woman she bought the makeup from did a free wedding consultation, helped pick out the shades, and even showed her how to apply it. Whatever you go with, I would purchase a better brand and have someone show you how to do it to. It helps a lot when they sit you down and show you the best way to apply!
Mary Kay or Merle Norman, and the sales people can give you application tips at no cost to you as long as you buy their product. Congrats on your upcoming marriage, I wish you the best.
Yasmine, may I recommend taking meticulous care of your skin first? With that said, my recommendation is aularale.com/7002 for everything except lashes and mascara. I do not recommend a pressed powder at all; instead choose a loose translucent powder - it is oil free and allows your skin to breathe. I like human hair lashes by Bliss or Ardell (you'll have to decide by choosing a style(s) you think you like and experiment to get the perfect ones for you). And finally, it you choose not to wear lashes, Maybelline water proof mascara.
Hi there





I would like to know what your skin type is though so I will know whether you need to go mattier if your skin is oily. But assuming that you will be under harsh video lights on your wonderful day, I will recommend MAC Cosmetics for almost everything that you have mentioned above


www.maccosmetics.com





They are absolutely the best. You can also find a store near you, and get private consultations from their make-up artists.








You can use Bare Minerals for a more casual day and lighter coverage. Stick to MAC for some serious makeup.





Have fun!
go to your ';NARS'; counter at your department store, this is the one I used when I renewed my vows last year, I never needed to do a touch up, and a lot of people asked who did my make up. I just went to the NARS counter and asked for a make over, and all they needed was a minimum purchase of 2 items! the 2 items cost me only 65.00. The brand is a little bit pricey but the make up's quality is the best, it stays on forever, i love their blushes, theyre the best.
i HIGHLY suggest Bare Minerals, its a powder foundation... it's the greatest make up ever made. i will never ever use anything else. it goes on silky smooth and makes your skin flawless. it actually looks like my skin is airbrushed when i put it on. i also suggest buying a blush from them too, it goes on even and staus on ALL day.





you can purchase it at Sephora.com


or go to their site - www.bareescentuals.com





MASCARA - i love CoverGirl Lash Blast (it comes in waterproof) it doesnt go on chunky and it gives lots of volume and lasts all day





You will not need pressed powder or shimmery powder if you purchase the BareMinerals foundation.. TRUST ME.





Bare Escentuals also sells bronzers that go on very even and look natural.





Sorry im not sure about the false eyelashes.





Hope this helps!


:)
Clinique make up is the best and its high quality its kind of expensive but defenetly worth it. It has no scent and will not cause any allergic reactions like redening of the skin. If you go to their website it even shoes what kind of powder foundation and etc will match ur skin best. You can even find out what type skin you have like II or IV etc. I use their make up and its been my favorite out of the brands ive ever tried. My mom even uses it and shes a business woman going to meetings all the time.


www.clinique.com


Good Luck with your wedding~! Hope you have a nice Honey Moon~!
Mary Kay cosmetics are the best.
Mascara: I love Maybelline Lash Stylist because it adds volume and length!





Eyelashes: I live in Canada and usually buy Quo false lashes, they have so many styles to choose from. I would recommend going for a look like Eva Longoria's lashes!





Foundation: I use Bare Minerals but for the wedding you might want to go a bit heavier because you will be photographed all day!
Foundation


pressed powder


shimmer powder


all the above - MAC or Bobbi Brown





bronzer - Bobbi Brown





false eyelashes - MAC





waterproof mascara - I use Maybelline Great Lash. If you want to splurge - try MAC





Bobbi Brown has a bride's kit - take a look a that.
Go to Bee-Luscious. They have special makeup just for brides.





http://www.beeluscious.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash